Whether performing to thousands as a bawdy street singing incantress with legendary street theatre company Macnas, or howlin low moon Janis blues at the Sunday evening crossroads hoedown, Orlagh is a powerful performer with a unique voice.
She has been the backbone to numerous west of Ireland musical outfits including Galway's cowpunk misfits The Timbertramps and also as long time band member with Tuam songwriter Noelie McDonnell.
As a theatre maker she has been collaberated with numberous Irish theatre companies including THEATREclub, Moonfish Theatre, Mephisto Theatre, and Turas theatre companies.
"... passion and talent to burn .. with attitude that is rare..she is the voice of Irish women, and sings with such grace and funckiness its very hard not to get swept along to her music..."
Spirit of Voice Review 2012
Orlagh has composed and musically directed 17 outdoor street spectacles shows with Ireland's internationally renowned MACNAS theatre company, including opening the Dublin Fringe in 2011/12, the UK's Wilderness Festival 2014, and SXSW 2016, and the Closing Ceremony for Hull City Of Culture UK
- Orfeo (2009)
- The Wild Hunt (2010)
- The Wild Hunt and the Sleepwalker (2010)
- This Fierce Beauty (2011)
- On The Edge Of Things is a Fierce Beauty (2011)
- This Thunderous Heart (2012)
- On this Night Journey (2013)
- Chaosmos (2013)
- This Thunderous Heart (2013)
- Wilderness Festival (2014)
- Symphony for the Restless (2014)
- Savage Grace (2015)
- Sleep No More (2016)
- Scenes from the Tempest (2017)
- Port Na bPucaí (2017)
- Memory Song (2017)
- Land Of Green Ginger (2017)